Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dennis' thoughts from Saturday

I managed to climb the Great Wall in Beijing.  I am thankful to be in such great shape to do these kinds of things, that should be obvious from the photo Dawn posted on Saturday. 

4 random guys in China saw me sitting outside of the 2008 Olympic store near the Bird's Nest and stopped and started laughing at me.  I was exhausted from jet lag and just trying to catch a nap, sitting and leaning against the store wall outside.  One of them walked over and pointed at me then said something in Chinese and his buddies laughed even louder.  I got confused but was able to remain calm and just smile and wave at them.  All of them quickly waved back at me, so I think I made some new friends that I can't communicate with.

If you want to break some bones and put yourself in the hospital, cross a street in Beijing.  Walk / Don't walk signs (if you can find one) just point out a human target for traffic.  It can be a red target or a green target.  Green humans on Walk signs just mean extra points for drivers.  They are courteous and honk before they hit you though.  We just learned to cross while dodging and jumping in between vehicles and so far have made it just fine.  Bicyclists in Beijing are tough people.

No comments:

Post a Comment